Friday, December 5, 2008

Sleigh Riding, Texas Style

So as most of you know, I traveled several places over the last few months (Canada, Baltimore, DC, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia and soon to be in Ohio) and I got it out of my system!  I decided until we have children, I wanted to go back to work.  We both realized I was driving myself nuts at home (there is only so much one can do) and I had an opportunity to go back into special events planning.  I began my career a long time ago with Marriott in DC area and I loved planning events.  Unfortunately, it is not a high salary so when Rudy went to grad school, I went into Human Resources.  

Two weeks ago, I took a position working with Bryan Parks and Recreation and I love it!  I was hired specifically for our large event in June called Texas Reds Wine Festival - but, I also work other events such as the holiday themed events we have in our local parks.  These are pictures from my first night on the job.  Our office hired a snow-maker from Colorado (12 hours away) to come and make snow for the kiddies.  I must say, although I thought it was a little lame when I heard about it, it turned out to be a really cool thing for the Texas kids to experience.  My memories growing up were of sleigh riding with all the kids in the neighborhood - Joe, Nancy, etc. and it was magical.  For one night, Bryan Parks and Rec was able to bring that to the kids here.  How cool.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love that I am mentioned on your blog!